If your customer wants to cancel an order after you place an order to your supplier on AliExpress, you will need to do 2 things:
- Cancel the order from your supplier, and get the refund.
- Cancel the order in the Shopify, and issue a refund to your customer.
HOW TO DO
1. Cancel the order from supplier on AliExpress
You ONLY can cancel the order from the supplier IF the order status is "Order Placed".
If the order has been marked as "Shipped" status, you will NOT be able to cancel it.
- Go to AliExpress website > Log in to your AliExpress account > My Orders.
- Find the order which you want to cancel, and click on "Cancel Order" button.
- From the pop-up window, select a reason for cancellation > Submit.
If your cancellation request is approved, your supplier will NOT ship the order, and the transaction will be cancelled automatically. Then you will get an email notification about the order cancellation.
2. Cancel your customer order
You ONLY can cancel orders that have fulfillment status as ''Unfulfilled''.
- Go to Shopify dashboard > Orders > Select the needed order to open Manage Order page.
- Click "More actions" and then "Cancel order".
- From the pop-up window, check and adjust the refund amount (if needed), and optionally select a reason for canceling the order.
- Finally, click on “Cancel payment”
- A refund can ONLY be sent to the original payment method.
- If a customer NO LONGER has access to that payment method, then they will need to contact the bank themselves, or agency for the original payment method to claim the funds after the refund is sent.
- If you want to know more about cancelling orders in Shopify, check out this article.
If you need some more helps, please feel free to contact us via live chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org