This article is about the XML product reviews feed for Google Shopping ads. For showing reviews in Google Search, please check our Google Rating article.
Before going further
We assume that you have created, uploaded your Product Feed and got approval from Google for your products. Otherwise, we highly recommend a Free app which can quickly help to create Product Feed here.
Also Shopify has an useful complete guide here which you never want to miss it.
The most important requirements include:
Has minimum of 50 reviews across all of your products.
A Google Merchant account for your ratings to appear in Google Shopping.
A product must have at least 3 reviews for star ratings to show on Shopping Ads, even though products with less than 3 reviews are eligible to show star ratings on the Shopping property.
Your AdWords campaign type should be "Search Network with Display Select," "Search & Display Networks" or "Search Network only."
Syncing ALL your reviews with Google (including reviews with low scores).
Reviews must follow Google’s content policies.
Pass the manual approval process by Google Shopping team which can take between 2 to 4 weeks.
Google does not accept reviews syndicated from other sources (for e.g Amazon, AliExpress, etc.), so product reviews should come from actual customers who purchased the products, as Google mentions in program policy, "Review feeds should be collected and owned by merchants".
Reviews and star ratings may not always show. Google will show star ratings when their system determines that the information is accurate and relevant for shoppers’ needs.
It can take 2 - 6 weeks for your reviews to show in Shopping Ads after you have met the requirements.
Product Ratings on Shopping ads are available in countries where Shopping ads are available.
TL;DR, getting your reviews in Google Shopping ads don't happen by accident. It will take time, and effort, and you will have to work hard to follow strict guidelines.
How to do
We are done this integration, so if you are interested in program, please make sure to follow below steps:
Fill out Product Reviews Interest Form from Google to apply for Product Ratings feed integration. You can jump directly to step 6 if the “Product Reviews” section (left-hand menu) is already available to you in Google Merchant Center.
2. In question "If you use a third-party service, which service do you use?", please choose “Other” and specify “Ali Reviews” in the provided text box.
3. After requesting the reviews feed, you will receive an email from Google saying that “Your aggregator, 'Ali Reviews AliExpress Reviews', does not have an approved partnership for the Product Ratings program with Google yet [...] so in the meantime, "<Your Store>" can send a direct product ratings feed to Google”.
This is right because we are in the process of becoming an “approved aggregator”, however, it has no impact on your ability to integrate your reviews into Google Shopping using your Shopping XML feed.
4. Please go ahead to reply to Google email, and tell them that you will submit the feed directly to your Merchant Center.
5. Once your request form is approved by Google, Google will follow-up with you, and you will be able to see the Product Reviews menu in the left panel of Google Merchant Center, and you are now eligible to submit the Product Rating reviews XML feed.
6. Start uploading Product Reviews XML Feed on Google Merchant Center . For more detail can be found here.
If you need some more helps, please feel free to contact us via live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.